Monday 24 August 2009

My beautiful ring

About 18 months ago O's Mum gave him a ring that belonged to her aunt, her intention was that he give the ring to me. Not necessarily as an engagement ring but as a piece of jewellery she knew that she would never wear.
Now I love my boy but he isn't the most sensitive of souls and so he decided to show me the ring just after the bells had rung at New Years Eve (we'd been together 5 years at that point). I immediately thought that him sitting on the sofa with a shy smile on his face holding a diamond ring meant engagement! Until he broke the news to me that although we would one day use this beautiful ring as our engagement ring that day had not yet arrived (he did want to be with me forever but marriage was still too scary). I didn't speak to him for quite a while that evening - we tend not to talk about it!
But I got over the disappointment of this mistaken proposal and I now have the ring for real.

2 comments:

  1. Peonies,
    Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my ramblings - it means a lot.
    I'm glad the story made you laugh I'm slowly being able to see the funny side now that I've had the proposal for real.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your Spare Thoughts