Friday 3 June 2011

Italy: Rome stereotypes

We'd been in Rome a day and a half and all of my Roman/Italian stereotypical expectations had been met.

  • I'd seen nuns driving a van
  • A priest on a moped
  • A woman slap a man in the face in the middle of the street before they fell into a passionate embrace. (Ok, I might have made up the passionate embrace but the slap happened - they just continued to fight)
  • A woman parking a car by battering her car into the surrounding cars. Forward bump, backwards bump, forward bump-scrape, backwards bump-scrape.



(I've never seen so many designer shops)
(photos by me on camera phone - still embracing the "effects")

8 comments:

  1. Ha!

    Are the pictures from the Via Condotti (it runs into the Spanish Steps)? I remember seeing designer boutique after designer boutique there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the term is "touch parking"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that woman's parking sounds much like my attempts during lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha amazing! glad you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, yes, I had similar experiences in Rome. My favourite was spotting a nun in a baseball cap!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should do a Scottish version of this one day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. He he yes I love the way they park, makes you realise why they all have smart cars or fiats!

    When we were in Thailand we saw a monk with a mobile phone which I thought was just hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He he, love this... I did once see a fight turn into an embrace in Italy. Wish I'd seen a nun driving a van instead though! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your Spare Thoughts