Tuesday 5 October 2010

Details: Thank you Gifts

Thank you gifts were tough to decide on and I spent a long time trawling the internet. 

My Mum: We didn't give my Mum a gift the weekend of the wedding instead we promised to make her a photo album once we gathered the photos together. We have kept that promise and sent her a photobook made by BobBooks - which she seems to love.

My Dad: We got him a bottle of Macallan whisky - it is his favourite whisky and we hope he will enjoy it.

O's Mum and Dad: We bought them a bottle of brandy - sourced by my brother-in-law handy having a wine merchant in the family.

O's sister: For playing the fiddle while we signed the register and as a New House gift we bought her and her husband a Le Creuset pan.

O#s brother: For being our piper and for his New Home gift we bought him and his girlfriend a Le Creuset pan too.

Debenhams had a sale on Le Creuset at the time.

#1 and #2: We bought them jewellery from here

Niece: We bought her an initial necklace from here and a clothes hanger from here (please note that Anna warns that it takes 8 weeks and it really does.)

Nephew: We bought his scrabble cuff links in his initials - as he informed us he doesn't have any shirt that requires cuff links but hopefully once he is older he'll need them.

Cee: As a thank you for reading during our ceremony we bought her a notebook for her blog ideas (need to do a post on this soon).


9 comments:

  1. fantastic and getting filled with ideas left right and centre :o)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wondeful gifts (especially the pans!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love those name hangers! Bet eveyone loved all those gifts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hangers :) And great gifts overall! I can see that my future father-in-law will be a bottle of whisky too but I haven't thought about anyone else yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mum - who is a big fan of yours - was looking through these the other day.. I am now rapt in gilt! really should of done better with gifts.. theses all sound and look amazing.. think I might be sending out a few larger christmas gifts this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. McCallan - that's a good whisky!

    And what great gifts to give, so thoughtful.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely you are! All of your presents sound brilliant, and personal which is the main thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all sounds fab gifts; was the bob book good, im wanting to make one of our honeymoon pics.

    My dad & G's dad got macallan miniatures as its also my dads favourite. Right at the beginning of our planning my dad wanted to get a bottle for each table!

    ReplyDelete

Your Spare Thoughts