Monday 14 September 2009

Hurray for sensible Grooms

This weekend we attended the fantastic marriage and celebration of G&M. (My arms and shoulders are in agony from an over enthusiastic orcadian strip the willow!)

I wanted to share a moment that practically had me out of my seat cheering. During G's (the groom) speech he said - (I'm paraphrasing here)...

.....they say that your wedding day is supposed to be the happiest day of your life, and there is no denying I'm having a great time but I have to admit I'm looking forward to tomorrow when
a) I'm still married to my beautiful wife
b) We don't have a wedding to plan, order of services to print, bands to pay, kilts to hire etc etc.
c) We can relax and get on with living our lives together
I truly hope that we'll have plenty more happiest days to come in the future.......

And O did really well with his speech I was so proud

2 comments:

  1. Nice speech! Almost everyone at the wedding I went to this weekend was teary during the speeches (mothers, bride especially!). Even the groom had to hold back tears! Normally I would think eugh but it was lovely as it was so geninue and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete

Your Spare Thoughts